Monday 22 June 2015

This is it, it's happening

Gosh this has been a long time coming.

At the beginning of 2015 I think I realised I wasn't happy. I don't know what happened but one day I woke up and realised I couldn't end up in the PR industry for my whole life. I wanted to do something alongside it which would be fulfilling and great for me.

And that thing is writing. Ever since I was a kid I know I've had such a vivid and amazing imagination that I could occupy myself with my own stories for ages. When I became I teenager I started to write spin off bits and pieces from already created worlds. By the time I turned 18/19 I started writing my first original novel which currently sits in my laptop hardrive gaining dust.

I just lost motivation. I think I just kept editing the story too much it confused me. I didn't plan properly and it made me lose interest. Around this time I also stopped reading for pleasure. The last time this happened was when I was doing (the hell that was) English Literature at A-Level.

And I guess the past year in particular has made me realise how important it is to do the things you truly want to do. I don't want to put it off anymore. As my career of a PR and Marketing person begins, I think it is only fair my life as a writer starts too.

And so I'm going to challenge myself. I will write regular blogs with my writing updates. I will also spend this next week planning and drafting characters and story arcs. After then, I want to try and write at least 1000 words each day.

So there's my promise to myself, I just hope with working full time and moving soon I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment